ELGATO FILM PRODUCTIONS BLOG


Leave a comment

Abandoned Mount Hamilton House

If you have enjoyed this abandoned video of Mount Hamilton House then please share it with others, comment and like, thanks!

Mount Hamilton was built pre-1790. The house was originally part of the Auchincruive Estate, which belonged to the Wallace family (the family of William Wallace) to 1374, then belonged to the Cathcart family (the Cathcarts having married into the Wallace family) until 1758. It was then sold to a Mr James Murray of Broughton, who owned the estate of Cally in Wigtonshire, where he was also an MP, and the County Donegal estate of the Murray Family of Broughton. James Murray left his wife, Lady Catherine Stewart, the daughter of the Sixth Earl of Galloway, who was also his cousin, for his niece, Grace Johnston, and went on to build a mansion house which he named Cally in 1765 in Gatehouse of Fleet which is now a high class hotel.
The broad shallow bowed front of Mount Hamilton, which echoes many of the country houses in Ayrshire, dominates the principal elevation and obscures much of the older house, which was originally the Auchincruive Estate factor’s house.

Filmed By Alberth MG
Assistant Producer – M.K Law
Produced by ELGATO Film Productions

Music By Incompetech – Royalty Free Music: http://incompetech.com/m/c/royalty-free

web
     images   
11159195_10153766177290968_1324847899_o


Leave a comment

Abandoned Seafield House

If you have enjoyed this abandoned video of Seafield House, Ayr then please share it with others, comment and like, thanks!

The Seafield story began in 1888 when Sir William Arrol — the architect behind the Tay Bridge, Forth Rail Bridge, and Tower Bridge — purchased 50 acres of land and built the beautiful mansion that would later be known as Seafield Hospital. In the latter years of the First World War, the house was handed over to the British Red Cross by Lady Arrol and was used as an auxiliary hospital for wounded soldiers. After being acquired by Ayrshire joint committee, Seafield House emerged in 1921 as a maternity hospital with 14 beds and children’s hospital with 34 beds. In October 1947, the hospital was made a nurse training school — the only others in Scotland were in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen. Seafield was always ahead of its time and the facilities were further improved in May 1952 when a state-of-the-art extension was opened. The extension boasted a casualty reception area, X-ray department, two operating theatres, outpatient department and new single cubicles — all at a cost of £25,000. The hospital went on to provide supreme paediatric care for another two decades before the doors finally closed in October 1991 as the new Ayr Hospital opened. For the next 10 years, Seafield house was used as the health board headquarters before being sold to Miller Homes in 2005.

Music by Nathan Wills Youtube http://www.youtube.com/Paradigma

Website http://www.nathanwillsmusic.com 

web
     images   
11159195_10153766177290968_1324847899_o